Table of contents:
- Ticket prices
- gamescom 2020: who is on vacation?
- More people and yet more space - is that possible?
- High-ranking visitors from politics
- Poll: How do you feel about gamescom?
Video: Gamescom 2020: Tickets, Date, Prices And Dates
2023 Author: Sheila Hailey | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 11:17
In recent years, tickets have been bought through the Koelnmesse online shop. No tickets have yet been offered for gamescom 2020, but based on the previous years it can be assumed that sales will start in spring.
The ticket prices for 2020 have not yet been determined. Here's what the prices looked like in 2019:
|ticket||Price (pre-sale)||Price (box office)||validity|
|Evening ticket||7 euros||-||4-8 p.m.|
|Day ticket||16.50 euros||19.50 euros||Full-time|
|Discounted day ticket||10 Euro||12 euros||Full-time|
Gamescom 2020 will take place from August 26th to 29th (Tuesday to Saturday). August 25 is reserved for trade visitors.
- The fair opens on Tuesday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. (only for trade visitors!).
- The fair opens on Wednesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- The fair opens on Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Do you want to survive gamescom unscathed? Then check out these tips!
Start photo gallery (14 photos)
gamescom 2020: who is on vacation?
Since there are also many pupils at gamescom, the question of the school holidays is quite justified. Gamescom is expected to fall in the summer holidays of the following federal states:
- Lower Saxony*
* States marked with an asterisk have their last vacation day on August 26th. This means that they are not free of school for the entire duration of the fair. Although the gamescom takes place in Cologne, students from North Rhine-Westphalia unfortunately do not have school holidays during the fair.
More people and yet more space - is that possible?
One of the main criticisms of the fair have always been the large crowds in the aisles and queuing for hours at the stands. In order to get the high rush under control, some measures were taken in 2019:
- The aisles were widened to better control the flow of visitors.
- The evening ticket was introduced, with which you can visit the fair from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Hall 11 was also opened to visitors for the first time.
Even if another hall sounds like good space management, gamescom 2019 actually only had five percent more exhibition space than in the previous year. The area was increased by a full eight percent last year.
High-ranking visitors from politics
In 2019 Axel Voss visited the game fair, where we were able to interview him. Federal Transport Minister Andreas Scheuer (CSU) and Digital State Minister Dorothee Bär (also CSU) also visited the year. The parties CDU, SPD, FDP, Left and Greens were also represented with a total of 40 program items. These were initiated with the political discussion group "Debatt (l) e Royal" (this play on words is already worth ten rubber points). However, the political visitors in 2020 have not yet been determined.
Poll: How do you feel about gamescom?
Your opinion is asked! We have 5 short questions about gamescom for you!
Are you looking forward to gamescom 2020? Are you going to visit the fair? Which area are you most interested in? Definitely write it in the comments! We will definitely keep you up to date on all events before and at gamescom 2020!