Table of contents:
Video: Tldw: What Does The Abbreviation Mean?
2023 Author: Sheila Hailey | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 04:29
- " Tldw " stands for " t oo l ong; d idn't w atch”and is meant similarly to“tldr”.
- If a video feels too long for viewers and / or has a low information density, the abbreviation “tldw” is often seen in the comments, followed by a brief summary of the essential content of the video.
- The abbreviation is representative of "In a nutshell for everyone who has no time ".
- As a comment, “tldw” is usually meant to mean that the video creator wastes the time of its viewers and could explain things in the video much faster.
- The abbreviation "tl; dw" is mainly found on social portals where videos can be integrated or played (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter).
The abbreviation for “too long; didn't watch”occurs in different spellings. Often the first two words are separated from the last two by a semicolon (;). Alternatively, a slash (/) is used. In addition, both uppercase and lowercase combinations are used:
- tl; dw
- tl / dw
- TL; DW
- TL / DW
The most important chat abbreviations in WhatsApp & Co:
Start photo gallery (30 photos)
What does "tl; dw" mean? - an example
A 12-minute YouTube video is about roundabouts being significantly safer than traffic light crossings, and why Americans still prefer traffic light crossings. As a comment someone writes:
The important and essential content that the video suggests was summarized here in just 2 seconds - even if this example can be understood with a little humor.
The flight mode of a smartphone, tablet or laptop (e.g. iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy etc.) cuts all or at least many network connections
English abbreviations are becoming more and more common in German on the Internet on social platforms, forums and other services
When you're on the Internet, you hear words or abbreviations from time to time, the meaning of which you don't understand straight away. A
In contrast to many common abbreviations that are spread over the Internet, the acronym „ hdf “ not from English
On the Internet, a few words and abbreviations have developed in their own network culture, the meaning of which is not always immediately clear