Table of contents:
Video: Encrypt Pictures On Android And Windows - How It Works
2023 Author: Sheila Hailey | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 04:29
The free KeepSafe app is well suited to encrypt your pictures on Android. KeepSafe encrypts pictures and other files on your smartphone and provides them with a PIN. You can also backup your pictures in the cloud with the app. To encrypt your pictures with KeepSafe, proceed as follows:
- Download KeepSafe and start the app:
- Gives KeepSafe access to your smartphone's memory.
- Register with your name and email address and confirm your email address.
- Set your personal PIN and log in. You should remember the PIN well, as you will need it for later access to your encrypted images.
- The cloud backup is initially selected by default. However, you can deactivate it if you wish by clicking on the cloud symbol at the top right, opening the menu and switching off " Activate backup ".
- You can now add individual pictures, entire albums or photos directly from the camera using the " + " symbol below.
- To encrypt individual images, for example, you select " Import photos ".
- Using the file browser, you now select the photos that you want to encrypt.
- Now these are saved in KeepSafe and access only works via app and PIN.
- If you want to access the photos normally, select them in the app and click on " Export " (second icon from the left).
You can find out how to encrypt a USB stick in our photo gallery:
Start photo gallery (13 photos)
Encrypt pictures under Windows with the program TruPax
Under Windows, you can use the freeware TruPax to encrypt images, for example. The program is characterized by its particularly simple operation and is particularly well suited to encrypt individual files such as images or folders. Containers encrypted with TruPax can also be opened with VeraCrypt. To encrypt pictures with TruPax on your Windows PC, proceed as follows:
- Download yourselves under the link TruPax.
- Unzip the downloaded ZIP file into any folder.
- In the extracted folder you start the program with a double click on the " trupaxgui " file.
- Next you select " German " as the language.
- Now you can select the images you want to encrypt in the program interface via " Add files ".
- Once you have added all the images you want, you can set that the original files will be destroyed after the encrypted container has been created.
- Then you click on " Create container file " and select the storage space for the container.
- Finally, you set a password and confirm the process with " Done ".
More articles on encryption:
- Encrypt emails: Complete PGP instructions - step by step
- Protect & encrypt Word document with password - how it works
In the past few months, the topic of online security and privacy has become increasingly important. We would therefore like to find out how you feel about the whole thing.
did you like this article? Let us know in the comments or share the article. We look forward to your opinion - and of course you are welcome to follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
Is the article helpful?
Yes No Comment
Your life is GIGA.
Help us to improve and please tell us:
Why is the article not helpful for you?
The information is out of date I have not received enough information The information is incorrect I disagree Other Send answer
Thank you, your GIGA team
Your opinion is important to us. Also like to discuss with us in the comments.
Window will close automatically in 6 seconds
In our Android Essentials series, we explain the basics of the Android operating system. Above all, this includes installing
In Germany, you can not only buy from the German version of the online trading platform eBay, but also from international offers
Your WLAN router may use a number code as the WLAN name at the factory, which is also shown on the underside of the router. Like you
A new standard called FIDO2 will replace password entry in the future. GIGA explains how something works, what you do for it
PSD2, the „ second payment service directive “ the EU, is designed to give consumers more security and the participating services and banks