Table of contents:
Video: Find Out And Change The WiFi Name (SSID) - How It Works
The router's WLAN name is also called SSID (S ervice S et Id entifier). It indicates the name under which your WLAN network appears in the radio area. If you have no other routers in your area, it is very easy to find your WiFi network. If you have neighbors, it can be difficult. To turn your WiFi name into something more meaningful or fun, you first have to connect to your router with a PC or Mac.
Here are the funniest WiFi names to copy:
Start photo gallery (10 photos)
Find out and change the WLAN name in the Fritzbox
As an example, we show the procedure for a Fritzbox router. It works similarly for other routers:
- Connect your PC or Mac to your router with a LAN cable. Alternatively, you can search for the WiFi name on the bottom of your router and connect to it wirelessly.
- Enter the address http://fritz.box/ in the browser and press [ Enter]. Http://easy.box/ also works for Vodafone routers.
- Enter your Fritzbox device password. You can usually find it on the bottom of the router. This does NOT mean the WiFi password.
- Click on the menu item " WLAN " > " Radio network " on the left.
- Scroll down a little to the point " radio network ".
- Next to " Name of the WLAN radio network (SSID) " is the name of your WLAN network.
- Changes the entry and confirms with the " Apply " button.
- A window opens that shows the changed WLAN access data.
- Now you can connect with your devices such as smartphone and tablet with the new WiFi name.
With other router models, you search in the settings for menu items such as "WLAN" or "SSID" or "radio network" to find and change the WLAN name.
Did everything work or were there problems? Please write us your questions and experiences in the comment section below these instructions.
Is the article helpful?
Yes No Comment
Your life is GIGA.
Help us to improve and please tell us:
Why is the article not helpful for you?
The information is out of date I have not received enough information The information is incorrect I disagree Other Send answer
Thank you, your GIGA team
Your opinion is important to us. Also like to discuss with us in the comments.
Window will close automatically in 6 seconds