Table of contents:
Video: What Is Bluetooth? How Does It Work? - Easily Explained
2023 Author: Sheila Hailey | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 04:29
Bluetooth is a radio standard similar to WLAN, but is mainly designed for short distances. In this way, no connecting cables are required. Simply activate the Bluetooth function on both devices to connect them wirelessly. Unlike with WLAN, you do not need a router for this - the connection is made directly between the devices (Bluetooth pairing).
Examples of Bluetooth - where is it used?
- Play music from your mobile phone via Bluetooth via the car radio.
- Connect your smartphone to a wireless Bluetooth headset using Bluetooth.
- Connect the Bluetooth mouse and keyboard wirelessly to a PC / laptop.
Bluetooth is installed in smartphones, smartwatches, laptops, modern car radios and of course in Bluetooth speakers and headphones.
Range & radiation:
Ordinary Bluetooth connections usually have a maximum range of around 10 meters. But there are also Bluetooth standards in industry that can transmit up to 100 meters. Here you can find out whether such strong Bluetooth radiation is harmful.
Versions & Compatibility:
The Bluetooth version 5.0 is now up to date with improved range and speed (from June 2016). In principle, however, all Bluetooth versions are compatible with each other.
Details: Here you will find detailed information on the Bluetooth speed, range and versions.
Start photo gallery (19 photos)
How does Bluetooth work?
The procedure for connecting two Bluetooth devices is always similar. Suppose you want to connect your smartphone to a Bluetooth speaker:
- On Android devices, you pull down the top status bar and activate the Bluetooth symbol. On iPhones you open the settings and tap on " Bluetooth " to activate the function there.
- Then you usually have to press a specific button on your Bluetooth speaker to activate Bluetooth as well.
- Your smartphone then shows which Bluetooth devices it has found in the area. Selects the speaker.
- In some cases, you have to enter a confirmation code on a device to allow the Bluetooth connection. You will see this code on the other device. So you just have to write it off.
Sonos Move - stress tests for the Bluetooth speaker
How does it work technically?
- Bluetooth devices have installed a chip that can send and receive Bluetooth signals.
- Each Bluetooth device has a unique 48-bit serial number that it sends outside when Bluetooth is activated.
- Other Bluetooth devices catch the serial number and can then connect to it if the user confirms this.
Bluetooth speaker: buy recommendation and test
Is the article helpful?
Yes No Comment
Your life is GIGA.
Help us to improve and please tell us:
Why is the article not helpful for you?
The information is out of date I have not received enough information The information is incorrect I disagree Other Send answer
Thank you, your GIGA team
Your opinion is important to us. Also like to discuss with us in the comments.
Window will close automatically in 6 seconds
Everyone has been talking about ray tracing since the release of Nvidia's GeForce RTX graphics cards. But what is ray tracing anyway? How exactly works
Can you pair the AirPods Pro with an Android smartphone like the Samsung Galaxy S10? That's fine. GIGA shows you how to make the bluetooth connection
How do noise-reducing headphones, so-called active noise canceling headphones, manage to reduce the sound from outside and so on
With the iPhone X, Apple has not only introduced a smartphone without the familiar home button, but also a new unlocking technology
The flight mode of a smartphone, tablet or laptop (e.g. iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy etc.) cuts all or at least many network connections