Table of contents:
- Luminar 3 in the test: We liked that
- We didn't like Luminar that much
- Attention Snapchat pros: Which game hero is behind these filters?
Video: Photo Software Luminar 3 In The Test: Rain Of Confetti For Pictures
2023 Author: Sheila Hailey | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 04:29
Luminar is easy to use thanks to presets. If you want to go into detail, you still get a variety of tools. Then you have to activate the tools individually in a preset - this is a bit cumbersome.
We cannot answer whether artificial intelligence is really necessary in the software. But the fact is: If you love color-intensive images, the AI filters will indeed impress. Many other programs make it difficult to host a similar rain of confetti.
The new media library approach is useful, but you can't get a workflow like Lightroom. Luminar is generally not designed to gently develop 500 pictures of a travel photographer in one go. In contrast, the application should take a look at who wants to pimp individual pictures for Instagram, Facebook or the analog pin board. Overall, an exciting software.
Luminar 3 test rating:
- Functions: 80
- Operation & speed: 80
- Quality: 70 percent
Overall rating: 77 percent
Luminar 3 is available for 69 euros, with a 60-day money-back guarantee, directly from the developer Skylum for macOS and Windows. We tested the software on a Mac.
Luminar 3: Further information and download from the developer
Luminar 3 in the test: We liked that
- You can quickly and easily put the desired effect on an image. The intensity of a preset is adjustable. You can also lay several on top of each other - thanks to levels.
- Only the tools used are displayed for each preset. This means that processing remains clear, but additional tools can be added.
- The number of effects and classic RAW tools is extensive and can be loaded via work areas:
- Luminar brings out colors where previously almost no colors were guessed. This can save a picture, the composition of which is good, but the colors are poor. In the first place, the Accent AI filters and - especially for the sky - AI Sky Enhancer do this.
- The user interface is clear and appealing.
- Once an image is loaded, changes to the settings are quickly displayed.
- Sun rays can be inserted manually - and this looks quite realistic:
We didn't like Luminar that much
- If you want to build on a look, it can be cumbersome: Additional tools have to be added and sorted individually. If you load a work area, all previous settings fly out again. It would be practical to be able to add a predefined or user-defined work area.
- A simple automatic development of RAW images - including automatic lens corrections - is not available. Rather, you have to manually correct the errors or at least check them. The quality rating is therefore somewhat lower.
- Drastic interventions are sometimes a bit rough - for example, you can see a strong processing of the sky on the edges of objects that protrude into the sky. We also noticed individual misinterpretations of picture elements and the corresponding processing.
- It takes time to load the image into the software with the calculation of preset previews.
Other photo software and RAW developers in the test:
- Capture One in the test
- DxO PhotoLab in the test
- On1 Photo RAW in the test
Attention Snapchat pros: Which game hero is behind these filters?
Is the article helpful?
Yes No Comment
Your life is GIGA.
Help us to improve and please tell us:
Why is the article not helpful for you?
The information is out of date I have not received enough information The information is incorrect I disagree Other Send answer
Thank you, your GIGA team
Your opinion is important to us. Also like to discuss with us in the comments.
Window will close automatically in 6 seconds
If a picture comes fresh from the camera, there is usually something to perfect. DxO PhotoLab is one of Lightroom's serious competitors
Crazy Mobile Phone Contract: Photo Wonder Smartphone + Free Wireless Headphones + 20 GB LTE For Less Than € 30 / Month
We have another tariff cracker for you. In addition to the current photo wonder phone Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro, there are wireless Bluetooth earbuds
Catalog photos, RAW files "develop", edit images - who is an alternative to Photoshop Lightroom or Apple
Do you want to encrypt images stored on your Android smartphone or PC to protect them from prying eyes?
In summer 2020 you will have another chance to kill all your friends (or at least let them die horribly): The Dark