Table of contents:
Video: DxO PhotoLab In The Test: Easy Photo Development Thanks To Smart Correction Points
2023 Author: Sheila Hailey | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 04:29
DxO makes the first steps with PhotoLab 1.2 easy and risk-free, since you can try editing images on a few folders without having to switch to your own media library. In addition, the user can arrange the tools in the columns as he wants them.
Quality and range of functions convince. U-Point technology is a great way to create local corrections without cumbersome masks. With extensive adjustments, however, the software becomes quite sluggish.
Test rating DxO PhotoLab 1.2 Elite Edition:
- Features: 75 percent
- Operation & speed: 75 percent
- Quality: 80 percent
Overall rating: 77 percent
DxO PhotoLab 1.2 Elite Edition is available for 199 euros (in a slightly slimmed down version 129 euros) from the developer for Mac and Windows. The fully functional trial version runs for 30 days.
DxO PhotoLab in the test: We liked that
- The quality of the automatic camera and lens correction convinced. DxO PhotoLab often develops RAW images slightly brighter and in terms of color minimal gaudier. The equalization was partly at the level of the camera JPGs and Lightroom, partly just below it.
- U-Point technology is a unique selling point for which some people could even use the software as a Lightroom plug-in (which is technically possible). That gives a bonus! The smart control points offer significantly more tools than, for example, previously included in Nikon Capture NX. We only missed the noise reduction from the Nik tools at this point.
- PhotoLab does not use its own media library. This suits all those who switch from another software, even use several photo apps and / or have already sorted their pictures into Finder folders. It is not necessary to import the images, you simply select the folder created in Finder, for example.
We didn't like it that much
- With some tools, PhotoLab takes a few seconds (in other words: too long) on an iMac that is not completely fresh until the changes become visible.
- There is no copy stamp, just an anti-dust tool. This not only gets dust out of the picture, but mostly other objects as well. But if it doesn't help (well enough), you have no alternative.
- In addition, many a tethered shoot, layers, processing history and photo combinations for HDR or panorama could be missing.
- While PhotoLab supported the RAW files of our Nikon, Sony and iPhone 8 cameras (app: ProCamera), the software couldn't do anything with the ORF and SRW files from Olympus E-PL8 or Samsung NX3000. Note the compatibility list!
On page 2: What else you should know and how we tested
With the provider PremiumSIM you can conclude a cheap mobile phone contract. However, you should pay attention to the small print. With some
If the photo editing software brings artificial intelligence, what will become of the pictures? We looked at Luminar 3 from Skylum
Crazy Mobile Phone Contract: Photo Wonder Smartphone + Free Wireless Headphones + 20 GB LTE For Less Than € 30 / Month
We have another tariff cracker for you. In addition to the current photo wonder phone Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro, there are wireless Bluetooth earbuds
Another pair of „ Joy-Cons “ cost a fair amount of money to launch the Nintendo Switch - - and also the alternative
Update from September 9, 2019: Until September 18, 11:59 p.m., eBay will once again offer a 10 percent discount with the PROTECHNIK discount code. The