Table of contents:
- Buy Huawei P40 and P40 Pro without a contract
- Buy Huawei P40 and P40 Pro with a contract
- Buy Huawei P40: yes or no?
Video: Buy Huawei P40 & P40 Pro With Or Without A Contract: How To Find The Best Deal
2023 Author: Sheila Hailey | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-26 15:18
If you pre-order your new P40 or P40 Pro directly from Huawei, you will benefit twice. Then you are not only one of the first to benefit from the new Huawei flagship in Germany; you also get lucrative bonuses on top.
Pre-order P40 or P40 Pro directly from Huawei
For all pre-orders that opt for one of the two smartphones by April 7, 2020, Huawei is adding the smart watch Watch GT 2e and the wireless earbuds Freebuds 3 with a total value of 348 euros. The offer is not only valid directly from the manufacturer and when purchasing the smartphone without a contract. You can also get both gifts on top from most mobile operators. The campaign is generally valid there until May 1, 2020.
► Huawei P40 Pro + Watch GT 2e + Freebuds 3 with contract at O2
► Huawei P40 + Watch GT 2e + Freebuds 3 with contract at Klarmobil
► Compare Huawei P40 or Huawei P40 Pro + Watch GT 2e + Freebuds 3 with contract - at Preisbörse24
Buy Huawei P40 and P40 Pro without a contract
If you are already bound by contract or want to populate the P40 with a prepaid SIM card, it is best to buy the device without a contract. Initially, the costs should not decrease and remain at the manufacturer's recommended retail price. That is for the P40 in the three different colors at 799 euros. For the better equipped P40 Pro there is a contract of 999 euros.
Both devices are available directly from Huawei. Alternatively, you can also order them in many other online shops.
Buy P40 Pro without a contract:
► Huawei P40 Pro at Amazon
► Huawei P40 Pro at MediaMarkt
► Huawei P40 Pro in the price comparison at idealo
Buy P40 without a contract:
► Huawei P40 at Amazon
► Huawei P40 at MediaMarkt
► Huawei P40 in the price comparison at idealo
It is currently difficult to predict when the Huawei P40 and P40 Pro will start to drop in price. This is usually only a few months after the release, it will certainly take some time before the devices can be obtained for around 450 or 650 euros without a contract. The pre-order discount due to the free additions is considerable - Huawei is certainly responding to the expected loss of sales due to the lack of Google services.
These are still included in the previous model Huawei P30 and P30 Pro - both devices are now available for around 429 euros and 569 euros, respectively.
► Huawei P30 Pro in the price comparison at idealo
► Huawei P30 in the price comparison at idealo
Buy Huawei P40 and P40 Pro with a contract
If you want to pay less in the short term and have no problem with the commitment to fixed terms, grab your Huawei P40 or P40 Pro with a contract. Depending on the provider and tariff, the P40 is available from a one-off payment of a few euros. The P40 Pro is a bit more expensive due to the better equipment and the higher UVP. Both devices are available from many different providers:
► Huawei P40 Pro with contract at Sparhandy
► Huawei P40 with contract at Sparhandy
► Huawei P40 lite with Blau Allnet XL
Start photo gallery (5 photos)
When you order the P40 (Pro) from Huawei with a contract, you should consider the following things:
- If you have a new mobile phone contract with the P40 or P40 Pro, you should keep an eye on your usage habits and requirements. The ideal tariff offers all the services you need, but does not cost too much. The data volume contained is particularly important. Here the tariffs are often the biggest differences. Telephone and SMS flats are already included in many contracts today.
- The P40 and P40 Pro support the new 5G cellular standard. Anyone who lives in one of the cities that has already been upgraded with 5G and wants to use the fast mobile Internet needs a suitable contract that includes 5G.
- You can easily calculate which method - P40 (Pro) with or without a contract - is the cheaper one : Add up the total costs for the mobile phone contract over the entire term (24 x basic fee plus all one-off payments). Then subtract the new device price (see above) and divide the total by 24. You compare the calculated value with an identical tariff without a smartphone. How to find out what is cheaper: Buy the P40 or P40 Pro without a contract and take out a SIM-only tariff or purchase the device together with a term contract.
- Remember: cancel the contract in time. Unfortunately, many forget that. In some cases, a contract renewal incurs higher costs than during the first contract term. And you miss the chance to switch to a cheaper or better tariff - including a new smartphone.
Huawei P40: new smartphone series in detail
Buy Huawei P40: yes or no?
Finally, the question remains whether you should buy the P40 or P40 Pro from Huawei or look for another smartphone. From our point of view, the P40 Pro is primarily supported by the excellent camera, which was developed together with specialist Zeiss. The P40 is a bit weaker here, but also offers a good smartphone camera.
Both devices support the new 5G mobile radio standard, which is far from being the case with all current devices. However, the 5G network in this country is still in its infancy and is only available in a few cities. It should also be noted that due to the US embargo, Huawei can no longer offer any Google services (e.g. the Google Play Store) on its devices - you also have to do without it on the P40 and P40 Pro.
Buy IPhone SE New - With And Without A Contract: Offers From Amazon, MediaMarkt, Telekom And Other Providers
The new iPhone SE 2020 is a real price hit: Although it only costs 479 euros (RRP), it can be technically the most expensive in some respects
In April Xiaomi launched two new flagship smartphones, the Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro. Both models support the new one
The Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL can now be pre-ordered. If you want to buy one of the top smartphones, you can do that with and
The Samsung Galaxy A51 is the 2020 model of the popular smartphone range from Samsung in the upper middle class. Who buy the Galaxy A51
The best offers to buy the OnePlus 8 or OnePlus 8 Pro are shown here on our top deals list at GIGA