Table of contents:
Video: Call From 06924576793: Is The Alleged Alpina Competition Serious?
A phishing call is about tricking you into giving up as much of your personal information as possible while falsifying the facts. In the specific case, the callers with the telephone number 06924576793 already have some of your data and probably only want to verify them so that they can be sold at a higher price.
This is known from calls to the Frankfurt number 06924576793:
- It appears to be an existing telephone number that is constantly busy. However, the transmitted number is probably falsified by call ID spoofing.
- To begin with, the callers claim that they won 100 euros in an "Alpina competition". As a rule, your name is already given. This indicates that someone is using stolen records from hacked websites.
- Then they want to " compare data " with you and ask for various information such as the e-mail address, the home address and the date of birth supposedly a shopping voucher should be sent by mail.
- If you ask where the data comes from, you are directed to a competition that no one can remember.
- If you refuse to compare your data, the callers can sometimes become very rude.
In this particular case, no one is trying to turn you into another competition. It is primarily about getting as much personal information from you as possible. Such data is valuable on the black market because it can be used for further spam and fraud campaigns.
As in many such cases, the number is probably fake, so that a complaint to the Federal Network Agency is hopeless. You should hang up immediately, not get involved in anything and block the number.
Start photo gallery (11 photos)
Block phone number 06924576793 - how it works
The calls to 06924576793 are characterized by the fact that they are made every day of the week and often several times in a row. You should block the number.
- In an Android or iPhone mobile phone you can block the number 06924576793 via the call barring.
- If you call on your landline phone and you are a Telekom customer, you can log into the "Telephony Center" online and block this number there.
- If you process your calls via a router, you can block telephone numbers in the Fritzbox, for example. Unfortunately, this is not possible in a Telekom Speedport router.
In any case, you shouldn't give the callers what they want - your data. It is completely legal if you claim that they are connected incorrectly or if you provide incorrect data. The callers are not in a position to complain anywhere.